Kravet Furniture Sustainability
At Kravet Inc. we are committed to providing quality product with limited environmental impact, pairing beauty and heirloom quality materials with sustainability to support both the planet and our future generations. The Kravet Inc. legacy is impenetrably bound to environmental awareness. See below for the many ways we at Kravet Furniture are remaining true to our promise.
- Up to 20% of Kravet Furniture Cushions are soy based.
- The majority of Kravet Furniture is made from FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) or SFI (Sustainable Forestry Initiative) certified wood.
- Nearly all waste products are sustainably recycled at Kravet Furniture factories.
- Kravet Furniture employs strategies of Lean Manufacturing to streamline production and seamlessly integrate the recycling of paper, fabric scraps, metal, aluminum, wood scrap, plastic and corrugated products.
- The foam padding in Kravet Furniture contains the highest possible content of soy in an effort to reduce petroleum-based substances.
- Kravet Furniture utilizes engineered laminate wood panels where appropriate to reduce wood waste and allow for ease of production on curved and stylized furniture frames.
- Kravet Furniture supports locally sourced lumber, the majority of which is from within 200 miles of our factories.
- Packaging of Kravet Furniture is primarily cardboard and paper materials.
- Greater than 80% of the metal upholstery springs in Kravet Furniture come from recycled metal products.
- Kravet Furniture uses low VOC (volatile organic compound) finishes for our wood stains.
- Kravet Furniture is TB117-2013 Flammability compliant and FR free.
- The foam in Kravet Furniture meets the CertiPUR-US seal of approval.
- Kravet Furniture complies with all published US regulations.
- Kravet Furniture is a proud member of the Sustainable Furnishings Council (SFC), an organization that promote sustainable practices among manufacturers, retailers, and consumers.